49th Annual WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction Thursday, April 28 to Sunday, May 1
For more information, contact:
Lisa Goss, Communications Specialist, 216/916-6134
April 20, 2016 (Cleveland, OH) – The 49th annual WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction airs Thursday, April 28 to Sunday, May 1 (3 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Thursday and Friday, and noon until 1 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday).
Through the coordination of over 500 volunteers, more than 4,000 items will be up for bid, such as…
- antique furniture, including a pie safe, a barrister bookcase, dining room sets, armoires and bottle collections;
- original artwork by local, regional and nationally known artists and crafters, including Robert Laessig, Victor Schreckengost, Mary Deutschman and Gary Bukovnik;
- unique items, including a blimp ride for two, an orchestra evening with Robert Conrad of WCLV 104.9 ideastream, an autographed-guitar Trans-Siberian Orchestra package and a Lennon Sisters Meet and Greet;
- tickets to major Northeast Ohio events, concerts, performances and attractions, including the Cleveland International Piano Competition, loge boxes to Playhouse Square shows and suite seats to see the Cleveland Indians; and
- travel packages, including a Rick Steves Europe Vacation; escapes to Plymouth Harbor, MA; Madeira Beach, FL; and Negril, Jamaica; as well as closer-to-home getaways to Chautauqua and Ohio Wine Country.
Saturday evening, April 30, beginning in the 6 p.m. hour, will once again be devoted to “Wine Night,” featuring some outstanding vintages and varietals. The Auction “Wine Guys,” Dan Greathouse, President of Heidelberg Vineyards and Keith Morris, Vice President and National Sales Manager for Cline Cellars and Jacuzzi Family Vineyards, will present each wine item up for bid.
The community can participate by calling 216-578-2525 or 866-393-2525 or by bidding online at wviz.org/auction. All proceeds benefit WVIZ/PBS ideastream programming and public service.
WVIZ/PBS Auction organizers are still accepting donations of art, antiques and collectibles. Donors receive valuable on-air TV promotion, and donations are tax-deductible. Information is available by calling 216-916-6154 or visiting wviz.org/auction/donate-items.
The 2016 WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction is funded by KeyBank, Nordson Corporation, PNC and Westfield Insurance Group, with additional support from The Sherwin-Williams Company and Miceli’s.