Derailed By Stress
Stress is a killer. A costly one. Billions in health care spending and lost productivity from sick days. The American Psychological Association says stress affects most major organ systems of the body and contributes to obesity, diabetes, heart disease and depression.
We take a closer look at the various kinds and causes of short and long term stress with ideastream's Be Well Health team. They'll share the stories of Northeast Ohioans dealing with stress brought on from caring for sick parents, from the perils of police work and from being parents of young black teens fearful of police.
Workplace stress is a big deal, too, and we'd like to hear about your experiences.
Finally, what's the best way to cope?
Derailed by Stress Coverage
List of Caregiver Support Resources
- Benjamin Rose Institute of Aging Northeast Ohio
- Ohio Department of Aging National Family Caregiver Support Program
- Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging
List of Grief Support Resources
- Cornerstone of Hope
- Hospice of the Western Reserve
- Cleveland Clinic Bereavement Specific Support Groups
- The Grief Care Place
- Joel’s Place for Children
- National Alliance for Grieving Children
- Hospice of Medina
- Mount Carmel
- Mercy Medical Center
- Access Jewish Cleveland Bereavement Support Group
- Lifebanc Counselling Support
- Emily's Gift of Hope
-Marlene Harris-Taylor, Be Well Health Reporter, ideastream
-Lecia Bushak, Be Well Health Reporter, ideastream
-Kay Colby, Managing Producer of Health, ideastream
-Dr. Gilbert Gee, Professor, Department of Community Health Sciences, UCLA