Quality Pre-K Report; ACLU Of Ohio Executive Director; Statehouse Update
New enrollment numbers from the nonprofit Pre4CLE show a community-wide push has resulted in a 50 percent increase in Cleveland kids attending high quality preschools. But it's still not enough, representing just over a third of Cleveland students, advocates say. To level the playing field with more advantaged suburban students, access must continue to expand. Then, we'll sit down with the Executive Director of the ACLU of Ohio as she prepares to retire after 27 years. Plus, the Ohio Senate comes up with its proposed budget plan including cuts to fill a revenue hole projected at nearly a billion dollars.
- Katie Kelly, Executive Director, Pre4CLE
- Marcia Egbert, Senior Program Officer for Health and Human Services, The George Gund Foundation; Pre4CLE Co-Chair
- Michelle Bledsoe, Coordinator, Pre4CLE
- Dr. Thea Wilson, Ed. D.; VP Children and Families; The Council for Economic Opportunities in Greater Cleveland
- Christine Link, Executive Director, ACLU of Ohio
- Karen Kasler, Ohio Statehouse News Bureau Chief