Ohio School Funding Future; Parents Share Preemie Daughter's Struggle to Survive
Twenty-years after the Ohio Supreme Court first told the state its school funding system was unconstitutional where do we stand? Do we need to fix the current system or overhaul it completely and start from scratch? In a continuing conversation, we sit down with those involved with the efforts to provide a quote "thorough and efficient" education to all of Ohio's students. Plus, a child enters the world too soon. Her journey and those of her parents have been chronicled in a new book. We'll talk to the authors and parents of "Juniper: The Girl Born Too Soon" about the harrowing decisions and moments they faced when their daughter came into the world at just 23 weeks gestation.
- Rep. Andrew Brenner, R-Ohio 67th District, House Education Committee Chair
- Howard Fleeter, Economist, School Funding Consultant to the Ohio Education Policy Institute
- Danielle Farrie, PhD, Research Director, Education Law Center
- Bryan Flanner, Former Ohio Lawmaker
- Tom French, Father, Author, “Juniper: The Girl Who Was Born Too Soon”
Links Mentioned On Air
Talk with Author Thomas French
- (Kelley French may appear via Skype)
- Parents, authors "Juniper: The Girl Born Too Soon"
- Thursday, April 20
- 6-7:30 pm
- Linsalata Alumni Center
- The Alumni House
- 11310 Juniper Road
- Cleveland, Ohio 44106
**Leave a message for Jim Sheeler, the Shirley Wormser Professor of Journalism and Media Writing, at 216.368.2372 to request more information or to RSVP for the talk (requested but not required).