Superbugs, Building Resiliency, Statehouse Update
The growing emergence of drug resistant bacteria has captured the attention of healthcare experts. Last month, a Pennsylvania woman was diagnosed with a strain of E.coli that was resistant to colistin—the antibiotic of last resort.
The concept of resiliency and the ability to bounce back and manage obstacles, setbacks and disappointments is becoming a highly prized trait within the workforce.
Plus, what’s next now that the Governor has signed the state’s bill legalizing marijuana for medical use and what patients can do and not do under the provisions of the bill.
- Dr. Henry Boom, Director, Tuberculosis Research Unit at Case Western Reserve University
- Robert A. Bonomo, M.D., Professor of Medicine, UH Case Medical Center; Chief, Medical Service, Cleveland VA
- Frank Esper, MD, Infectious Diseases, University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Francoise Adan, MD, Medical Director, Connor Integrative Health Network, University Hospitals
- Dr. Sunny Lurie, Ph.D, CEO of Advanced Performance
- Karen Kasler, Ohio Statehouse News Bureau Chief