Green Sewers; Pathway to Resiliency
When the snow and ice melt or a storm hits the area, water fills up our aging sewer system, taking refuse along with it into our waterways and Lake Erie. It's a dirty problem that experts are trying to tackle in a green way. We'll discuss the Science Cafe topic. Then how do you teach a teen resilience? A local businessman is partnering with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Cleveland to do just that for Cleveland's young people.
Resources Mentioned On-Air:
- Science Cafe Cleveland: Science Goes Down the Drain
- Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District website
- NEORSD: Stormwater and Water Sheds Informational Page
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland
- Beachwood Place Parental Guidance Required Policy
Neisha Vitello, Senior General Manager of Beachwood Place and La Place
Kyle Dryfuss-Wells, deputy director of Watershed Programs and soon to be CEO of the NE Ohio Regional Sewer District
Matt Scharver, Watershed Team Leader at Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District.
Ron Soeder, president and CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland
Steve Rosen, co-CEO, Resilience Capital Partners