Cleveland Alzheimer's Disease Research Center; Mueller Testimony; Youth Risk Behavior Survey
This region is about to become a central player in the search to find new drugs, new methods, and new ideas, in the fight against Alzheimer's Disease. It's spearheaded by a consortium of area health institutions and funded by a $4 million grant from the National Institutes of Health. We talk with doctors and administrators of the new Cleveland Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center.
We'll also introduce an ideastream and CASE-sponsored health event that aims to support local teens. " From Risk to Resilience" is Wednesday, July 31 at 6:30 in the Westfield Theater at the Idea Center in Playhouse Square.
And we start the hour with a brief look back at the less-than-dramatic testimony of former special counsel Robert Mueller, from the hearings on Capitol Hill yesterday, addressing questions about his investigation of election interference and President Trump.
- Tom Sutton, Political Science Professor, Baldwin Wallace University
- James Leverenz, MD, Neurologist, Cleveland Clinic
- Jonathan Haines, PhD, Professor, Case Western Reserve University
- Alan Lerner, MD, Director, Brain, Health and Memory Center
- Marlene Harris-Taylor, Health Reporter, ideastream
- Erika Trapl, PhD, Associate Director, Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods at Case Western Reserve School of Medicine