'Beyond the Dish' Call-in Show
Watch the first 'Beyond the Dish' segment on-demand:
Eric Williams' guacamole classico
4 avocados (haas or calavo brand)
1 TBL kosher salt
1 TBL minced garlic
1 TBL minced jalapeno
juice from 1 lime
-remove avocado flesh y discard skins
-place avocados in mixing bowl with salt,
garlic, jalapeno y lime juice / using a
potato masher or spoon mix well to
desired consistency / taste for seasoning
½ spanish onion minced
½ bunch cilantro minced
pinch of black pepper
-add ingredients to guacamole base y
mix well to incorporate
EXECUTIVE CHEF Y JEFE: ERIC WILLIAMS
EL CARNICERO LKWD • 16918 DETROIT AVE
216.226.3415 • ELCARNICEROLAKEWOOD.COM
MOMOCHO MOD MEX • 1835 FULTON RD
216.694.2122 • MOMOCHO.COM
Jonathon Sawyer's Roasted Pig Face
For 5 spilt faces
½ jar shrimp paste
1c soy sauce
½ c honey
1c blended oil
3 c kosher salt
1c brown sugar
1 c chili flake
3 T chili powder
1 T cayenne
2 T paprika
1T dry thyme
2 T coriander
1 T black pepper
1 T szechuan peppercorn
4 gallon pork stock
10 ea whole dry chili
1 c honey
½ c salt
4T Sesame oil
4T blended oil
2 thumbs ginger
5 cloves garlic
3T mustard seed
3 T sesame seed
½ c red wine vinegar
2c soy sauce
1c sambal olek
Purchasing and Prep
1. Upon arrival of pig faces, immediately cut eyes, tongue, brain and ears.
2. Once all access parts are removed, prepare the wet rub. Whisk together all ingredients and then lather over pig face.
3. After wet rub is applied, prepare dry rub by grinding coriander, black peppercorn, szechuan peppercorn in a spice grinder. Then mix in the remaining dry ingredients and apply the dry rub over the wet.
4. Let cure for a minimum of 24 hours but preferably for 48.
5. After the faces have been thoroughly cured prepare the braising liquid by combining the pork stock with the chilies, peppercorns, honey and salt.
6. Place the faces in a roasting pan and cover with the prepared brasing liquid. Cover with parchment then tinfoil and place into a 300- degree oven for 6-8 hours depending on the size of the heads.
7. While the faces are in the oven, prepare the BBQ by combining first six ingredients in a small sauce pot and placing over medium heat. Cook until all ingredients are charred and begin to burn. Set the hot oil off to the side and let cool before blending.
8. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together, red win vinegar, ketchup soy and sambal olek. Add the blended toasted spice mixture, and mix thoroughly.
9. Once the faces are tender to a touch pull out of oven, cut off the skin surrounding the jowl meat, score the meat and bbq. Place in 450-degree oven for 10 minutes, or until the bbq begins to caramelize.
This recipe is the property of Chef Jonathon Sawyer
Juan Vergara's Cheesy corn recipe
butter 3 tablespoons
Yellow corn 1 cup
Heavy cream 1/2 cup
White american cheese (shredded) 1 cup
Chicken or chorizo 1/2 cup
Place butter in pan on full fire for about 45 seconds to a minute, once butter is hot throw corn and meat in and stir until nicely grilled. Mix in heavy cream and stir until comes to a light boil then place cheese and stir again until you fondue like texture. Pour into serving plate and sprinkle chorizo on top. Serve and eat with tortilla chips.
This recipe is the property of Chef Juan Vergara
Eric Williams, chef
Jonathon Sawyer, chef
Juan Vergara, chef