3 Chefs: Summer BBQ!
Scott Totten's grilled salmon with a sweet mustard glaze.
Two 8 ounce boneless skinless filets of salmon brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Cook filets on a hot grill to put grill marks on each side.
Do not cook through they will finish baking in the oven. In a small bowl place half cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of dry mustard.
Add water to make a thick glaze be sure to add the water slowly so as not to thin out the glaze.
Spread the glaze on the grilled filets and place in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until finished to your liking.
Serve hot with some fresh steamed or grilled asparagus.
I enjoy a nice sauvignon blanc it plays well with the brown sugar and mustard glaze on the salmon.
Greenhouse Tavern's Tomato and Fennel Soup
2 carrot, peeled and small diced
2 stalk celery, small diced
2 ea yellow onion, small diced
1 parsnip, peeled and small diced
1 bulb fennel, small diced
1 thumb ginger
1 lb butter
15 whole tomatoes from the garden
½ loaf day old bread
1 gal vegetable stock
2 sprigs thyme
(serves: 6-8 people)
Purchasing and Prep
1. In a large sauce pot, melt down butter and add small diced vegetables
2. Sweat out until translucent, add ginger, tomato, bread and thyme
3. Let cook over medium heat for a half hour to an hour
4. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Pull off the heat and puree in a blender. Enjoy!
This recipe is the property of Chef Jonathon Sawyer
Ricardo Sandoval's Shrimp “lobster “ roll
makes 2 shrimp rolls
- 1/2 pound of shrimp( cooked in court bouillon- dropped in boiling flavored water for 3
minutes, then chill( when shrimp enters water, turn flame off). after shrimp is chilled,
- 2 tb of chopped scallions
- 1 celery heart diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 4 tb of mayonnaise or homemade aioli
- 1 teas of lemon juice
- cilantro leaves
- 2 grilled hot dog buns or toasted
mix first six ingredients in bowl( donʼt over mix. be gentle) place in the middle of of
toasted hot dog bun. top with cilantro leaves.
Brian Goodman, chef
Ricardo Sandoval, chef
Scott Totten, chef