SwapTalk: Pain Management In The Era of Opioid Addiction
ideastream partnered with WXXI in Rochester and Oregon Public Broadcasting to bring you special coverage of the opioid epidemic in America, as part of our series Opioid Crisis: The Ripple Effect.
In this broadcast, Evan Dawson hosts a panel discussing pain management, prescription policy, and disparities in care related to the opioid crisis. Our guests included:
- Dr. Alisha Moreland-Capuia, M.D., executive director of the Avel Gordly Center for Healing, and assistant professor in psychiatry at the School of Medicine at Oregon Health and Science University
- Dr. Crawford Barnett, M.D., pain management physician in the Department of Pain Management at the Cleveland Clinic, and clinical assistant professor in the Department of Anesthesiology at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University
- Dr. Timothy Wiegand, M.D., associate professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Rochester Medical Center
- Michelle Marikos, Oregon-certified peer support specialist for chronic pain with Moving through Chronic Pain and Oregon Pain Guidance
- Laura Garrison, vice president for development WXXI and The Little Theatre, who has experienced long-term chronic pain