Information Technology Intern
I. Basic Function/Major Duties
The Intern in the Information Technology area will have an opportunity to learn about a broad range of IT Support, Operations and Management issues while providing support and assistance to the team.
Examples of duties:
• Learn/provide basic end user Help Desk support
• Observe/assist IT staff with: application software, server, VMWare, SAN, archive, network, IP telephony, video conferencing, web streaming, media encoding and other systems management and maintenance
• Research, evaluate and test hardware, software, vendors, technical issues, and solutions.
• Write System/Process/Configuration documentation
• Assist IT staff in troubleshooting advanced technical issues
• Other duties as may be assigned.
II. Qualifications :
• Have knowledge of functions of basic computer equipment including hardware, operating systems, and software
• Have basic knowledge of IT standards and practices.
EXPERIENCE: Classes or experience in Information Technology preferred
SKILLS/APTITUDES: Have knowledge of and enthusiasm for Public Radio/Television
EDUCATION: Be in a formal educational or certificate program focused on Information Technology.
• The Internship is unpaid. High school, college, graduate credit; or experiential credit towards a certification program must be granted for participation
• Selected candidate(s) will be available for at least 10 hours a week, usually Monday – Friday with various start times generally during normal business hours.
• Internships are available any quarter or semester but the student must be available for the entire semester or quarter (at least 10 weeks)