Best Reporter - Radio: Justin Glanville
Justin Glanville is a reporter for 90.3 WCPN ideastream, Northeast Ohio's NPR news station.
This reel includes:
- An excerpt from the six-part podcast series “Inside the Bricks: Woodhill Homes,” which looked at life at one of the nation’s earliest public housing neighborhoods as it faces a rebuild. The excerpt here is the first four minutes of an episode about what it’s like to be a kid growing up at Woodhill. It includes some two-way discussion with my cohost on the series, neighborhood resident Jeanette Marbley.
- An entry in ideastream’s series “Postcards from the Pandemic,” featuring a young woman who struggles to keep her hardwood flooring business afloat in the early weeks of the coronavirus pandemic.
- A feature about how the City of Cleveland’s playgrounds remained closed even as those in the suburbs reopened. Some Black leaders blamed the closures for an increase in youth violence in the city’s neighborhoods, and were working to provide other options to keep kids engaged.
- A segment from ideastream’s live morning show The Sound of Ideas with host Rick Jackson during which Justin discusses voting access for disabled voters during the 2020 election.
- A spot news piece about a youth boxing tournament that, for some, could be a first step toward qualifying for the 2024 Olympics.