50th Anniversary WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction April 20-23
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Marissa Norris, Communications Coordinator
216.916.6318 | firstname.lastname@example.org
50th Anniversary WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction
Thursday, April 20 to Sunday, April 23
April 12, 2017 (Cleveland) – The WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction will celebrate 50 years when it airs Thursday, April 20 through Sunday, April 23. This longstanding Cleveland tradition will broadcast live on WVIZ/PBS from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Thursday and Friday and noon to 1 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
The WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction brings ideastream personalities and staff—plus celebrity auctioneers and special guests—to live TV to auction off antiques, tickets, furniture, jewelry, art, collectibles and more. Viewers can call or go online to wviz.org/auction to bid and win these fantastic items, and all proceeds benefit WVIZ/PBS programs and public service.
Every year, the Northeast Ohio community comes together to make the WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction a success. This year, hundreds of local volunteers will help behind the scenes of the production as thousands of items go up for bid. Some of the unique items available for bid this year include:
- A 1933 yearbook autographed by Jesse Owens
- The opportunity to throw out the first pitch at an Indians game or a Lake County Captains game, plus tickets
- Loge tickets to Broadway shows at Playhouse Square
- A basketball signed by JR Smith of the Cleveland Cavaliers
- A ride for two on the Goodyear Blimp
- A Brewmaster’s Dinner at Great Lakes Brewing Company, a special menu that pairs chef-crafted dishes featuring fresh ingredients with seasonal and year-round beers
- A VIP Vault tour of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Baseballs signed by members of the 1992 U.S. Olympic basketball team: Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird
On Saturday evening, April 22, viewers can tune in for the Auction tradition of “Wine Night.” Dan Greathouse, President of Heidelberg Vineyards and Keith Morris, Vice President and National Sales Manager for Cline Cellars and Jacuzzi Family Vineyards, will present the wines that are up for bid, including rare and outstanding vintages and varietals.
The community can participate by calling 216-578-2525 or 866-393-2525 or by bidding online at wviz.org/auction.
WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction organizers are still accepting donations. Donors receive valuable on-air TV promotion and are eligible for a tax deduction. Information is available at wviz.org/auction/donate-items or by calling 216-916-6154.
The 2017 WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction is supported by KeyBank, Nordson Corporation, PNC and Westfield Insurance, with additional support from The Sherwin-Williams Company and Miceli Dairy Products Company.
The mission of ideastream is to strengthen our communities. ideastream pursues this mission as a multiple media public service organization by providing distinctive, thought-provoking programs and services that enlighten, inspire, educate and entertain.