StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- S.C. Judge Says Boy, 14, Shouldn't Have Been Executed In her ruling, Circuit Judge Carmen Mullen wrote that she found "fundamental, Constitutional violations of due process exist in the 1944 prosecution of George Stinney, Jr."
- U.S. Officials Believe North Korea Was Behind Sony Hack The recent attack on Sony Pictures' computer network that resulted in a flood of confidential data has its origins in North Korea, U.S. intelligence officials say.
- Satanist And Christian Holiday Displays To Go Up At Michigan Capitol The situation has brought controversy — and energized Christians who realized that a planned Nativity scene was in danger of being canceled.
- Japan's Butter Shortage Whips Its Cake Makers Into A Frenzy For the Japanese, Christmastime means sponge cake. But a nationwide butter shortage has lead to mandatory butter rationing, forcing cake bakers to seek out substitutes.
- Obama Issues 12 Pardons, Commutes 8 Sentences President Obama commuted the prison sentences of eight people who were convicted of drug-related crimes Wednesday, in a move that also saw 12 presidential pardons issued.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.