Attorney General Mike DeWine has released the first detailed account of the Nov. 29 shooting that killed two suspects in a hail of bullets.
Ohio's attorney general says lack of proper supervision and failures in the system led to a chaotic police chase with 13 officers firing 137 rounds, killing two people.
Attorney General Mike DeWine on Tuesday released the first detailed account of the Nov. 29 shooting. He turned it over to the Cuyahoga County prosecutor, who said the case will be presented to a grand jury to determine if the officers should face charges. There was no timeframe announced.
DeWine described a confusing scene where officers kept shooting at a likely unarmed driver and passenger at the end of a chase because they thought shots had been fired from the car. He said officers positioned on both sides mistook crossfire for shots from the car, leading to many more shots fired.