StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- India's Modi Makes A Name For Himself — Literally — In Meeting With Obama The Indian prime minister wore a suit with pinstripes that read "Narendra Damodardas Modi." The reaction on social media was scathing, but Modi is often lauded for his fashion choices.
- Pediatricians Say Don't Lock Up Teenagers For Using Marijuana Making pot legal for adults makes it more likely that teens will use too, according to the nation's pediatricians. And that's a problem, because marijuana harms developing brains.
- Greece's Left-Wing Prime Minister Takes Charge Alexis Tsipras, who led Syriza to an improbable win in the parliamentary election, was sworn in today amid fears about what his win means for the country's bailout agreements with the European Union.
- 'Quad Copter' Flew Into, Crashed On White House Grounds, Secret Service Says The Secret Service says the overnight incident is being investigated. The White House says the device posed no threat. The president and the first lady are in India.
- Competency-Based Degree Programs On The Rise A new report says 52 colleges offer, or plan to offer, some credits based on learning, not just seat time.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.