StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- Heavy Fighting Resumes In Eastern Ukraine As Truce Talks Collapse Russian-backed rebels are shelling a strategic rail hub in the Donetsk region a day after cease-fire discussions fell apart.
- The Success Of Fox's 'Empire' Reveals A Few Dos And Don'ts For TV Fox's hip-hop drama is a growing hit that could rescue the network. In a fragmented marketplace, the TV industry is learning the value of creating shows for under-served audiences.
- To Save Two Colo. Cows, All It Took Was A Good Ice-Breaker This week, the Fountain, Colo., Fire Department repurposed some firefighting tools for a chillier job: Rescuing cows that had fallen through a half-foot of ice into the freezing water of a local pond.
- For Colorado's Undocumented, The Wait At The DMV Just Got Longer Last year, the state became the 10th to offer driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants. This year, Colorado Republicans made it virtually impossible for those immigrants to get a slot at the DMV.
- Another Florida Case Puts Crosshairs On 'Stand Your Ground' Marissa Alexander, a Jacksonville woman behind bars for three years for firing a "warning shot" near her estranged husband, was recently released. NPR's Arun Rath talks with Larry Hannan of the Florida Times-Union.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.