StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- A Somali Aid Worker Would Rather Give Out Cash Than Free Food Degan Ali, a Somali humanitarian, tells us about her organization's efforts to fight famine in Kenya, Somalia and South Sudan.
- Hissing And Sighing: The Lament of Sex Workers in Sierra Leone Ebola has made it harder for the prostitutes who issue a come hither "hiss" along Lumley Beach. Customers are hard to find, pay is down and, like everyone, the women are scared of the deadly virus.
- Justice Ginsburg Has Heart Procedure, Is Resting Comfortably Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the leader of the court's liberal wing, is 81-years-old. Doctors inserted a stent in her right coronary artery to address a blockage.
- EPA Proposes New Rules To Curb Ozone Levels The rules would lower the threshold for ozone from 75 parts per billion to between 65 ppb to 70 ppb. They are likely to be opposed by industry groups as well as Republicans.
- Patient Safety Journal Finds Violations, Tightens Standards After Scandal Kickback allegations against its former editor prompted the Journal of Patient Safety to review his writings and adopt new rules for disclosing commercial conflicts of interest.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.