StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- In California, Less Water Means More West Nile Virus You'd think that mosquitoes wouldn't like drought, but that's not what's happening in California, where stagnant water breeds more mosquitoes. Cases of West Nile virus have doubled since last year.
- Massive Volcanic Eruption Is Making Iceland Grow The eruption has been going for weeks. So far it hasn't been catastrophic, but it has been creating new ground.
- 3 Afghan Army Officers, Who Had Gone Missing, Detained At Canadian Border The men are described as senior Afghan army officers who were vetted before being allowed to participate in training exercises. They are not considered a threat, officials say.
- Dr. Daniel Bausch Knows The Ebola Virus All Too Well Can you catch it from sweat on a cab seat? Will blood transfusions help? Who really wants to go to Africa and pitch in? Is it too late? A leading virologist answers burning questions about Ebola.
- Largest Of Calif. Wildfires Destroys 10 Homes, Other Structures More than 5,500 firefighters are battling the so-called King Fire in the Sierra Nevada forest area. Some 2,800 people have been evacuated.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.