StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- Soil Doctors Hit Pay Dirt In Manhattan's Central Park The urban oasis boasts about 170,000 different types of microbes, recent dirt samples show. That diversity is comparable to a tropical rainforest. Plus, about 2,000 species are found only in the park.
- Ghosts Of The Past Still Echo In Beirut's Fragmented Neighborhoods Lebanon's civil war ended 25 years ago, but the sectarian divisions that sliced its capital into different enclaves still hold today. Everyone co-exists relatively peacefully — most of the time.
- Giants Send Pirates Packing In Elimination Playoff Game The San Francisco Giants decisively beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 8-0 in the National League wild-card game Wednesday night in Pittsburgh. The Giants will play the Washington Nationals on Friday.
- Man Convicted In 2010 Oregon Bomb Plot Sentenced To 30 Years Mohamed Osman Mohamud was convicted in January of 2013, but his sentencing was delayed after the government revealed it had attained evidence from secret NSA electronic surveillance.
- One Picture, Of 35,000 Walrus, Shows One Effect Of Global Warming The picture shows the walrus huddled up on an Alaskan beach. Usually, they would spread out on sea ice. But this year, it's all melted.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.