StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- Why Did Congress Kick The Can On Funding Islamic State Mission? The president got approval for his plan to train and equip Syrian opposition fighters, but lawmakers didn't approve funds to pay for it or the broader air campaign.
- Giving Chickens Bacteria ... To Keep Them Antibiotic-Free What does it take to get chickens off antibiotics? According to Perdue Farms, an added dose of the "good bacteria" known as probiotics can help crowd out the harmful microbes that make a chicken sick.
- With Dark Humor, Anger And Empathy, Women Respond To The NFL Women, who make up 45 percent of the NFL's fan base, are critical the league's handling of domestic abuse scandals. But some still support their teams and express sympathy for the players.
- Why A Teenage Mom Was Jailed In El Salvador For A Miscarriage When she was 17, Christina Quintanilla miscarried her 7-month-old fetus. After an anonymous hospital worker accused her of having an abortion, she faced up to 50 years in prison.
- Prosecutor Says White House Intruder Had 800 Rounds Of Ammunition In Car Omar J. Gonzales, 42, jumped a fence and made it past the White House's North Portico doors before being apprehended by the Secret Service.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.