StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- Fruit Recall Hits Trader Joe's, Costco, Wal-Mart Stores The recall applies to "certain lots of whole peaches (white and yellow), nectarines (white and yellow), plums and pluots" from a California packing company, the FDA says.
- Flight MH17: U.S. Builds Its Case; Plane Wreckage Reportedly Cut Apart A U.S. spy satellite detected a surface-to-air missile in the area just before the plane went down. Detailed forensic analysis on the wreckage may be complicated; it's reportedly been cut apart.
- Maine City Council Votes To Keep Tar Sands Out Of Its Port South Portland, Maine, has blocked crude oil from being loaded onto ships at its port. Environmentalists are cheering, but the Portland Montreal Pipeline Corp. says the ban won't hold up in court.
- On Immigration, America's Concerns Are Fiery But Fleeting In a recent Gallup poll, most named immigration the biggest problem confronting the nation. But past periods of heightened worries have been brief — and haven't brought about solutions.
- Glass Or No Glass? That Is The Grill Lid Question Would you be a better cook if you could see your food on the grill without lifting the lid? We take a peek under the hood of an innovative glass-top grill that claims to help prevent the dreaded burn.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.