StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- Japan's Butter Shortage Whips Its Cake Makers Into A Frenzy For the Japanese, Christmastime means sponge cake. But a nationwide butter shortage has lead to mandatory butter rationing, forcing cake bakers to seek out substitutes.
- Obama Issues 12 Pardons, Commutes 8 Sentences President Obama commuted the prison sentences of eight people who were convicted of drug-related crimes Wednesday, in a move that also saw 12 presidential pardons issued.
- Alan Gross' Release: How It Went Down American Alan Gross had spent more than five years in a Cuban prison where he suffered ill health. Then, on Tuesday, his lawyer, Scott Gilbert, told him in a phone call that he was going home.
- We're Down To 5 Northern White Rhinos: Is It Too Late For Babies? With the death of a Northern White Rhino in San Diego's zoo this week, researchers are working to see if they can save the species. They'd better hurry — only five remain.
- In Gaza, The Specter Of ISIS Proves Useful To Both Sides The Islamic State is not believed to be in the Gaza Strip. But a flyer in its name was recently sent around the territory. Both Israel and Hamas are trying to use it to their advantage.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.