StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- From The Stadium To Your Stereo: Behind Baseball's Biggest Sounds You can thank audio engineer Joe Carpenter and his 80 microphones every time you hear the crack of a bat, smack of a glove or thud of a base in this World Series.
- Iran Executes Woman Who Said She Stabbed Man Who Attacked Her Reyhaneh Jabbari's execution had been postponed several times since 2009. She was arrested in 2007 over the death of a man who once worked in Iran's Ministry of Intelligence.
- After Shootings, Canada Takes Steps To Balance Security With Tradition A debate has begun in Canada about how to respond to this week's murders of two Canadian soldiers, and the government plans to introduce new measures to strengthen the powers of the security services.
- Federal Agencies Recognize Gay Marriages In 6 More States With the addition of Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, North Carolina, West Virginia and Wyoming, the federal government now recognizes same-sex marriage in 32 states and the capital.
- Jack Bruce, Bassist And Singer For Cream, Dies At 71 Playing alongside Eric Clapton on guitar and Ginger Baker on drums, Bruce sang such hits as "Sunshine of Your Love," "White Room" and "I Feel Free."
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.