StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- Man Convicted In 2010 Oregon Bomb Plot Sentenced To 30 Years Mohamed Osman Mohamud was convicted in January of 2013, but his sentencing was delayed after the government revealed it had attained evidence from secret NSA electronic surveillance.
- One Picture, Of 35,000 Walrus, Shows One Effect Of Global Warming The picture shows the walrus huddled up on an Alaskan beach. Usually, they would spread out on sea ice. But this year, it's all melted.
- On The Alert For Ebola, Texas Hospital Still Missed First Case Diagnosing and treating Ebola isn't so hard, health workers say; hospitals across the U.S. should be ready. But initial symptoms, such as fever and headache, can look the same as other illnesses.
- Obamacare's First Year: How'd It Go? It has been a year since Obamacare launched with a difficult start. Now, supporters are confident about the program's future. But critics say it's too early to gauge its success.
- Movement Against Female Genital Mutilation Gains Spotlight In U.K. The U.K. tended to treat the issue as a practice from a foreign culture that did not demand attention. But it has become a central focus for police, doctors, and even the British prime minister.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.