StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- More Birthdays For Kids Under Five Around The World The deaths of children under five has dropped by 49 percent since 1990. There are many reasons why, from better vaccines and health workers ... to "kangaroo mother care."
- Edible Packaging? Retailers Not Quite Ready To Ditch The Wrapper To reduce waste, some enterprising companies are trying to roll out products that make the package part of the snack — edible packaging. But selling it to the retail market is trickier than it seems.
- When Patients Set Science's Research Agenda, Who Loses? Tired of waiting for a cure for breast cancer, a coalition of activists now leans hard on Congress to steer money to particular research projects. Critics say that approach may miss promising leads.
- Thanks To Nutella, The World Needs More Hazelnuts Nutella, launched 50 years ago, has turned into a global phenomenon, boosting demand for hazelnuts. Now producers are looking beyond Turkey's north coast, where most of these nuts are grown.
- Americans Waistlines Are Expanding, And That's Not Good Fat Are you more an apple or a pear? If it's the former, you've got company. Americans' waistlines are growing, even though obesity rates have plateaued. And more belly fat increases health risks.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.