StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- Pope Names A Moderate To Be Chicago's New Archbishop Pope Francis has appointed Bishop Blase Cupich of Spokane, Wash., to succeed Cardinal Francis George, 77, a conservative who has spoken out on many social issues in his 17 years in the post.
- Texas Gubernatorial Candidates Go The Border To Court Voters Republicans have won every statewide office in Texas for 20 years, but the growing Hispanic population tends to vote Democrat, and the GOP's survival may depend on recruiting Hispanic supporters.
- Workers Hand Out Soap And Advice As Sierra Leone Locks Down Under the country's three-day experiment to control the deadly Ebola virus, people must stay home while health care teams go door-to-door to spread the word on prevention.
- White House Alarm: Man Jumps Fence, Enters Residence The Secret Service is looking into how a Texas man was able to breach the White House's security Friday. The man scaled a fence and opened a door to the residence before being arrested.
- Dozens Of Turkish Hostages Freed, As ISIS Advances In Syria The hostages included diplomats, children and others seized along with Turkey's consulate in Mosul in June. As it celebrates their return, Turkey also receives thousands of Kurds fleeing ISIS.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.