StateImpact Ohio more
QUEST Science more
Statehouse News Bureau
The Statehouse News Bureau provides educational, comprehensive coverage of legislation, elections, issues and other activities surrounding the Statehouse to Ohio's public radio and television stations.
- No. 1 Most Expensive Coffee Comes From Elephant's No. 2 A coffee entrepreneur claims his brew is different — and better — than the trendy civet poop coffee. And it starts with the idea that elephants, unlike humans or civets, are herbivores.
- From A Father And Son, What It Means To Be A Military Man Enlisting has been a rite of passage for men in the Pierce family since the Civil War. And as America has changed, Mark Pierce and his son Jeremy explain, what it means to serve has, too.
- Supreme Court Steps In To Put Hold On Va. Same-Sex Marriage Licences The Supreme Court has stayed a Virginia court's ruling which ended the state's ban on same-sex marriages.
- Many Seek Justice In Ferguson, Mo., But Will Have To Wait Awhile Demonstrators want an indictment of the police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown earlier this month. But investigations — one of them a federal civil rights case — can take weeks, if not months.
- SeaWorld Won't Appeal Ban On Trainers Performing With Orcas The theme-park company received a citation in 2010 after a whale named Tilikum killed a trainer. Since then, SeaWorld has planned upgrades to its facilities and training. But it still faces criticism.
Help Us Tell the Story
Often important things happen below the radar of news organizations or you think a story in the news warrants more or different coverage. Help us tell the story you want to hear.