There are many ways to support the WVIZ/PBS Televised Auction. Below, you will find the options available to you. If you have any questions about donation of items and/or services, please feel free to contact our Auction team by email.
How do I donate items?
There are a few ways you can donate your items to the WVIZ/PBS Televised Auction.
- Call the Auction office at 216-916-6154
- Send an email
- Mail your donation to WVIZ/PBS Televised Auction, Idea Center®, 1375 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115-1835
- Or, download and print out a donor form
Whenever possible, items should be dropped off at the station. Limited pick-up service is available. All donated items become the property of WVIZ/PBS ideastream.
Once your item is received in the Auction Office, it will be processed. A donor receipt form will either be given to you at the time of your donation or be forwarded to you after the Auction. If you download the donor form, complete the form and mail it in with your donation to the address listed above. The Auction Office will forward a tax receipt to you after the Auction.
Thank you for your consideration. Your donation will make the Auction a success and will support the station’s mission to strengthen our communities by providing distinctive, thought-provoking programs and services that enlighten, inspire, educate and entertain.
What are the benefits to donating items?
The WVIZ/PBS Annual Televised Auction cannot exist without the support of area businesses and private individuals. There are many benefits associated with participating in the annual event. The WVIZ/PBS Televised Auction will:
- Deliver your message to viewers in 17 counties, including viewers in Cleveland and Akron.
- Reach potential customers who live, work and shop in your neighborhood.
- Showcase your product or service on TV.
- Associate you and your business with the quality public television brand.
- Offer a tax deduction.
The more valuable your donation, the more on-air promotion and visibility your company will receive.
Donation of items valued from $100-$499
- Your item is shown and described on the air.
- Your company name is mentioned twice.
Feature Board donations (items valued from $500-$999)
- Your item is spotlighted in a pre-produced television spot.
- Your item is featured on the WVIZ/PBS website.
Big Board donations (items valued from $1,000 and above)
- Your item is showcased in a pre-produced on-the-air television spot.
- Your item is presented 2 times for an item valued at $1,000. One additional on-air exposure will be offered for each additional $500 increase in donor value. For donations valued over $10,000 special benefits apply. Contact the Auction Office for information.
- Your item is featured on the WVIZ/PBS website, including a link to your company’s website.
- Your item receives print promotion.
Art, antiques and collectibles
- In addition to general merchandise and gift certificates, the WVIZ/PBS Televised Auction is a showcase for art, antiques and collectibles. Your donations are gratefully accepted. The on-air presentation is handled by experts in the field.
Corporate Corner (cash donations of $300 or more)
What items can I donate?
- Food/Beverage: certificates for anything related to food, including groceries or food products. Wine and beer also sell well.
- Sports/Entertainment: tickets to local sporting events (especially those tickets to sold out games!), restaurant certificates, tickets to special events, theater tickets, etc.
- Outdoor Sports: camping equipment, bicycles, sports equipment, canoes, skis etc.
- Travel: weekend getaway packages, hotel nights, car rental, luggage, travel accessories, etc.
- Electronic: audio and video equipment, computers, phones, cameras, etc.
- Garden: lawn care products, lawn mowers, edgers, snow blowers, lawn care services, etc.
- Household Appliances: food processors, grills, microwave ovens, small kitchen appliances, vacuums etc.
- Large Appliances: refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, etc.
- Jewelry: watches, rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc.
- Damaged Items
- Floor Samples
- Used Merchandise
- Hard Liquor
- Perishables (can offer the donor the option to provide a certificate)
What Are the Auction Warehouse Hours?
Auction Warehouse Opens March 25.
Mondays and Wednesdays: 5pm - 8pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10am - 2pm
Fridays: 1pm - 4pm
Saturdays: 10am - 2pm
If you own a restaurant or food service, be aware that the Auction travels on its stomach. Donations of food for our hundreds of volunteers are needed. For your contribution, you receive valuable on-air promotion - and our thanks! For information, contact Ella Fong at 216-916-6154 or .
Download this list of Auction Food Donor benefits.